Chorus Trip

Chorus+Trip

Sarah Losada

Chorus took their class, Lake Nona Singers on a field trip up north. They went to Alabama, Tennessee, and the way back they visited Georgia. It was optional for students to go, they were told about this trip at the beginning of the year so they would have time to decide if they would want to go or not. The trip cost about $700, since it included transportation and the hotel. The trip lasted from Wednesday to Sunday.

On day one, students met at the school at 6:25 in the morning. They left at 7 and headed off. Their first stop was FSU. They toured the campus and went to the college of music and sang for their choir class “Women’s Glee, and talked with the people in the class. After that they stopped at the mall in Alabama to get dinner and to shop for souvenirs. When they were done they went to the hotel they would be staying at in Hope Hull, Alabama,

On day two, students left the hotel around 8:30 and departed to Huntington, College. They toured the college and had a choir workshop with the president of the arts program. They headed to Montgomery, Alabama and toured and performed at the Civil Rights Memorial. Then they went to the Dexter Avenue Baptist Memorial Church where Martin Luther King said his speech. They toured the location. Then they drove to Tuscaloosa, Alabama and arrived at the University of Alabama. They toured the place and did a clinic/workshop with Andrew Minear, the choir professor. Then they when to eat dinner at Golden Corral and stayed at a hotel in Hoover, Alabama.

On day three, they departed the hotel and left to go to Nashville, TN at 11:30 a.m. They went to a Wildhorse Saloon lunch and buffet with line dancing lesson. After, that they went to Vanderbilt University with a self-guided tour and a Clinic/Workshop with Dr. Biddlecombe, the director of choir music at the blair college of music. They left and had dinner at the Grand Ole Opry Backstage Grill and saw a live radio show at the Grand Ole Opry. And then stayed at a hotel in Antioch, TN.

On day four, they left the hotel at 9:00 and had a self-guided tour in the Ryman Auditorium. They had a self-guided tour in the Country Music hall of Fame and toured downtown Nashville for 3 hours. At 4 p.m. they arrived at the Historic RCA Studio B guided tour) where Elvis Presley recorded all of his albums. They ate dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory and had an hour long ghost tour of Downtown Nashville. On day 5, the last day, they left the hotel at 8 a.m. and drove all the way to Florida with food on route and arrived back at the school at 9:45 p.m.

“It’s my first year of being in Lake Nona Singers and it’s been really fun so far. I don’t really have a favorite part of the trip. Everything was just so fun, and spending it with my friends made it a great experience.” says Cassandra Cruz (10)

“I thought the trip turned out to be really fun. The only thing I didn’t like was being on the bus for hours, sometimes it would be uncomfortable and people would be loud. But other than that, visiting some new places was cool.” says Jayden Kumar (10)