Our Lions are in Playoffs!

Rodrigo Iribarren Prince

The Lake Nona Varsity Soccer Team is in the fight for the Metro Conference Championship after a good start of the 2021 year. They qualified for the District Championship after a season where things have been going well.

The team had played three games this year, winning two of them, and tying the other in the hard Cypress Creek High School field. After nine games played, our team’s record is: seven wins, three ties, and zero losses. The Lions are still unbeaten.

The first game of this year was played versus East River High School in their field, with a comfortable win for the lions with a 7-1 score, on the second half the Coach Andres Jaramillo made some rotations to give some rest to some players for the next game.

On January 8, the Lions played versus Winter Park, an opponent that was unbeaten too; both teams were expecting a high level game, and it was. The game started hard for lions, but a goal scored by Anthony motivated the team to achieve the victory with a 2-0 score.

On January 13, the team played in the really complicated field of Cypress Creek High School versus the home team, in a game in which a victory for the home team would give them the East Conference Championship. Like it was expected, a high level game was given by both teams. The Lions scored first and were a few seconds to achieve this important win until the home team tied the game with a header just a few second left on the timer. Bittersweet tie, but that serves to keep him undefeated on a difficult court.

The next game was played at George Jenkins High School, located in Lakeland. That cold and rainy night didn’t stop the Lions from winning. The final score was 5-0 for our team.

On Martin Luther King Day, Lake Nona Lions played versus the difficult team from Lake Mary High School. It wasn’t the best game for our school team, but the final score was a 1-1 tie.

The remaining schedule for the Lions this season is:

1/22 vs Edgewater High School at 7:30         Location: Edgewater High School

1/27 vs Dr. Phillips High School at 7:30        Location: Dr Phillips High School

2/10 Semifinal            TBD                            Location: Oviedo High School

2/12 Final                   TBD*                           Location: Oviedo High School

*- Depending on the semifinals result. 

Our Lions had been doing well this season, in which with two games left from the regular season they have a positive record and still without losing any game. They are looking to end the regular season unbeaten and to accomplish big things for our school in the playoffs. We wish the best of the luck for the Lions.