Boys Varsity Soccer Go Two Weeks Undefeated

Rodrigo Iribarren Prince, Author

After a busy first week of soccer season, the Lake Nona Varsity Soccer Team will have a light week. The school team had three games and one training in their first week of competition. For this week, the Lake Nona Lions have just one game on Friday versus Colonial High School.

In the first game of the season, Lake Nona met with Boone High School in their field, debuting with a 2-0 win versus the home team. On November 13, our team faced Freedom High School at Nemours Stadium in their first and penultimate home game of this season. The score was 1-0 for the Lions with a goal scored by Anthony Finazzo in the last minutes. The last game of the first week was played against Celebration High School at Nemours Stadium, being the last home game and the one in which Senior Night was celebrated; this game ended with a 0-0 draw.

After these three first games, the top scorer is the striker Anthony Finazzo with two goals and a goal ratio of one goal per game, since he wasn’t able to play in the third game. The other goal was scored by the Brazilian forward Enzo Passatino versus Colonial High School with a strong shot close to the area border. Owen Waskiewicz and Santiago Bermudez have one assist.

Other players that had a determinant performance in these games were Dalton Fleshood, Brandon Nungent, Adrian Munera and Kieran Mcinerney. The goalkeepers Raul Hernandez and Rory Dix had a good performance.

Before the game vs Colonial, the team had two wins, one tie, and zero losses; with three goals scored and zero goals against.

This team has started off strong with the defense taking its place as the strongest part of the team. However, they have some things to improve on. The good part is that three of the hardest teams of this season have been faced, and no loss had been conceded. 

The training days for this week are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and the game for last week was on Friday, in which Lake Nona beat Colonial High School with a 8-0 score. This week should be useful for the team to improve the things that they need to work on, and to keep the good performance. 

On Wednesday, every single player of the team was COVID tested in order to follow the protocol, the results will be given in the same morning.

This is all you need to know for the first two weeks of this High School Soccer Season. We wish the best of the luck to the team to keep up the good work, and to keep their focus on the game without any out of field setbacks.

Sources: Direct interview with athletes and coach.