LNHS Lions Virtual Spirit Week

Angelique Nunez, Author

Virtual Spirit Week is about showing spirit for your school and being creative in the ways that you dress up for each day of the week. It occurred during the week of October 12th-16th, the students love to participate in showing all their lion pride. Although, usually students would come to school dressed up in their varying outfits, this year’s spirit week was able to be held online so LaunchED students would be able to partake in the fun as well. This year’s themes included Monochrome Monday, Tourist Tuesday, Western Wednesday, Multicultural Thursday and finally Pink out Friday. Two former 12th grades students had differing commentary about Virtual Spirit Week “I usually participate in Spirit week’s when they are held at school, I’m able to dress up in something different than just my everyday clothes”. Joanelis Gonzalez said when she found out Spirit Week would be held virtually. “I would rate it a 7, I enjoyed the themes and everything but it’s just not the same doing it virtually” Yarelys Melendez said. “I’m a launchED student and would much rather be at school when I participate in activities like Spirit Week.” This was the one and only spirit week that was held during this school year but maybe next year it won’t have to be virtual so all the students can enjoy their time while also learning!