Successful Swim Season Comes to a Close

Jordan+Agliano+competing+against+University+High+School+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Successful Swim Season Comes to a Close

Jordan Agliano competing against University High School

Kerstyn Farley, Swim Reporter

Qualifying swim girls are competing at districts on November 2 at Lake Highland Preparatory School. The top 10 fastest swimmers continue on to regionals, which will be held on November 9. 

“I want to win both of my events for districts, I’m not looking for any best times, I just want to be the best I can, and do all the little things right as well as encourage my teammates to do the same. That’s what is important to me.” said Jordan Agliano. 

The team has been training five days a week since August when the season started, and are pushing themselves harder now going into championship season. 

“I’ve been pushing the team to unlock their fullest potential. I know with hard work and constant practice, we’ll surpass the goals we’ve set for the team.” said Coach Bennett. 

The team has set multiple new school records which included Jordan Agliano breaking the 100 meter fly with a time of 54.6 placing her in first, and the 200 IM with a time of 2:04.27 which set another school record. 

The top swimmers including Jordan Agliano, Samantha Prather and Abigail Carroll will be moving onto water polo which starts in January. 

“I can’t wait to start water polo after such a great season in swim, I feel prepared and I’m super excited to still be on a team with these amazing girls, who have turned in to some of my closest friends” said Samantha Prather.

One reason this team is so successful is because of how close they all are, not just about inside of practice, but they are always together outside of swim as well. Their constant bonding makes practice more enjoyable and they are always finding ways to help encourage each other to push past their limits and always do their best.